August Classes & Events
Kick off August with these great classes, starting off with Lou Schneider’s Viking Knit class.
We also have opportunities for our members to display and sell work at the monthly First Friday and Third Saturday events. Click the links to read the details and see pictures of sample projects. Click here to download a registration form.
- August 3, 2012 – 6:00 pm
First Friday Gallery Hop
- August 4, 2012 10:00 am – August 4, 2012 4:00 pm
- August 18, 2012 10:00 am – August 18, 2012 4:00 pm
- August 25, Time TBA
Chain Maille 101 with Barbara Forbes-LyonsLearn the basics of this chain-making art and create a bracelet and earrings using two different weaves. $75 plus $30 kit.
- August 25, 2012 10:00 am – August 25, 2012 :00 pm
*This is also the monthly 3rd Saturday event. Members are encouraged to set up & man a tent in the front of the studio on this day. Please contact Suzi for more information.
August 2012 First Friday
Please help the Studio for First Friday August by bringing in just a couple pieces of your jewelry. Suzi will have her EZ-Up tent at the Studio and it will be outside for First Friday with lights and the pop up tables. We would like to have the FSGNW bargain jewelry/beads out in the Tent with class brochures and someone out there steering people into the Studio/Gallery. The shelves with the bargain jewelry will need MEMBER jewelry.
If you want to display/sell or donate items to the sales table, please contact Suzi Kamin.
Baby, It Needs to be Cold Inside
Any member with a/c experience please contact Suzi Kamin to make arrangements to look at the a/c window unit at the RRSQ studio.
- Studio a/c donations needed.
- Ceiling cost/installation donated.
- A/C Purchase price $400 – Donations to date: $100
- Or donate a used portable 14000 BTU a/c unit and received a Tax credit form from FSGNW!
Gallery equipment FOR SALE
2 6′ Glass display cases with shelves – wired for lights. $100 each. Contact Suzi Kamin to view and purchase.
Thank you Clarence Jackson and Jonah Gwinn for moving the FSGNW glass display cases back to FSGNW on Friday. They lifted the case onto roll-a-bouts and with great difficulty pushed, lifted and rolled the case down Industrial Avenue in the heat and rain of the day.
LeMoyne Gallery Opportunities
Details on these events are on the LeMoyne website.
- Fabulous, Funky and Fashionable: The Jewelry Invitational deadline for contracts is August 31 and the show is September 21 – October 27
- Art and Soul – Hot and Saucy - Art Auction for LeMoyne – September 27th – with an opportunity for the artists to set up and sell addional pieces.
- Holiday Show “Enchanted” Limited to 100 artists – items are due November 9-12 show November 22 – December 29th. $30.00 fee that will transfer into an Individual LeMoyne Membership.
Friends of Maclay Gardens Art Festival
See this post for details on this opportunity being held on August 11.